Boil one quart of water and Morton® Coarse Kosher Salt. Soak chiles in a bowl with salted boiling hot water until chiles are softened, about 10 minutes; drain, but reserve some liquid, about 1 cup.
Blend chiles, garlic, achiote, and cumin; add some reserved water back into mixture if needed to form a paste like texture. Pour vinegar and chile mixture into sauce pan and bring to a boil; cook and stir until mixture becomes a thick paste. Season with Morton® Coarse Sea Salt.
Rub chicken liberally with chile paste and place in an air tight bag under refrigeration for at least one hour.
Heat grill to 400F. Grill chicken on both sides until an internal temperature reaches a minimum of 165F. Remove from heat and let rest 3-5 minutes before slicing.
When ready to serve, grill tortillas lightly on both sides. Slice chicken into thin slices. Divide chicken onto corn tortillas and serve with onion, cilantro and pineapple.
- 2 chiles de arbol
- 1 ea dried guajillo chiles, seeded and torn to pieces
- 2 cloves garlic peeled, chopped
- 1 tsp achiote paste
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 tbsp Morton® Coarse Kosher Salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 4 pounds chicken breast
- 1 cup pineapple, small diced
- 10 3-4-inch corn tortillas
- 1 cup pickled red pearl onion petals
- 1 cup picked fresh cilantro, shocked in ice water
- 1 pinch Morton® Coarse Sea Salt (about ½ teaspoon)