Mix all the marinade ingredients in a large bowl with a whisk.
Place the marinade in an airtight bag with the wings.
Seal the bag and massage to coat the wings, refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 2 hours.
Heat the grill to high, about 400°F, and wipe the grill with a well-oiled towel to avoid sticking.
Place the wings on the grill and lower the temperature of the grill to low heat, about 325°F.
Cover the wings by lowering the grill lid or with foil and grill for 18-20 minutes, or until an internal temperature of 155°F is reached, turning once or twice.
Increase the heat to medium-high and continue grilling the wings for a few minutes on each side to get a charred crispy skin.
Remove the wings once they have reached an internal temperature of 165°F.
Immediately toss chicken in a bowl with the tomato butter.
Garnish the wings with chopped cilantro and Morton® Coarse Kosher Salt.
For Tomato-Chili Butter:
1. Combine tomato juice, butter, lime and hot sauce in a mixing bowl. Season with Morton® Fine Sea Salt and black pepper.
2. The completed butter can be used immediately or placed in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- 4 lb chicken wings
- For Marinade: 4 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ tsp Morton® Coarse Kosher Salt
- For Garnish : ½ tsp Morton® Coarse Kosher Salt
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- For Tomato-Chili Butter: 1 cup clamato tomato juice (or bloody mary mix)
- ¼ cup your favorite hot sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter (1 stick)
- ½ tsp Morton® Fine Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper