Mix all the marinade ingredients in a large bowl with a whisk.
Place the marinade in an airtight bag with the wings.
Seal the bag and massage to coat the wings, refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 2 hours.
Heat the grill to high, about 400°F, and wipe the grill with a well-oiled towel to avoid sticking.
Place the wings on the grill and lower the temperature of the grill to low heat, about 325°F.
Cover the wings by lowering the grill lid or with foil and grill for 18-20 minutes, or until an internal temperature of 155°F is reached, turning once or twice.
Increase the heat to medium-high and continue grilling the wings for a few minutes on each side to get a charred crispy skin.
Remove the wings once they have reached an internal temperature of 165°F.
Immediately toss chicken in a bowl with the tomato butter.
Garnish the wings with chopped cilantro and Morton® Coarse Kosher Salt.
For Tomato-Chili Butter:
1. Combine tomato juice, butter, lime and hot sauce in a mixing bowl. Season with Morton® Fine Sea Salt and black pepper.
2. The completed butter can be used immediately or placed in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Kosher Salt Recipes
Grilled Chicken Wings with Tomato-Chili Butter
- Serves: 4-6
Wings aren't a recipe, they're a lifestyle. I love this sweet, spicy and buttery version that's simple to make and utilized Morton® Coarse Kosher Salt for texture and Morton® Fine Sea Salt to bring out the flavors in the smooth chili butter!
- 4 lb chicken wings
- For Marinade: 4 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ tsp Morton® Coarse Kosher Salt
- For Garnish : ½ tsp Morton® Coarse Kosher Salt
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- For Tomato-Chili Butter: 1 cup clamato tomato juice (or bloody mary mix)
- ¼ cup your favorite hot sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter (1 stick)
- ½ tsp Morton® Fine Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper