Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a mixing bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, Morton® Kosher Salt and melted butter.
Press into the bottom and sides of a glass pie plate and bake for 12 minutes. Set aside.
To make the filling: In a medium saucepan, mix together the sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch and Morton® Fine Sea Salt.
Add 1/2 cup milk and stir until a thick paste forms.
Turn burner on medium heat and whisk in remaining milk and cream.
Cook, stirring constantly, until thick, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the chocolate to melt and then peppermint extract.
Remove from heat.
Pour chocolate pudding into cookie crust.
Allow to cool at room temperature before refrigerating for at least 6 hours.
Garnish with whipped cream and crushed peppermint candies.
- For crust: 2 cups shortbread cookie crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Morton® Kosher Salt
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted
- For filling: 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon Morton® Fine Sea Salt
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 7 1/2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon peppermint extract
- For topping: Whipped cream
- Crushed peppermint candies