Heat oven to 375 ̊ F.
In a heavy bottomed cast iron skillet, place bacon and render slowly, long enough to release the fat and barely start to sizzle.
Add butter and melt.
Add sweet potato and coat in fat; season with kosher salt and place in oven.
Cook until tender and add onion.
Cook until the onion is slightly caramelized.
Add anchovy and syrup.
Remove from the oven and over low heat, stirring constantly, add sour cream and parsley.
- 2 Large sweet potatoes (peeled and large diced)
- 1 Small onion (small diced)
- 1 Anchovy fillet (rinsed and chopped)
- 2 oz. Applewood smoked bacon (large diced)
- 2 oz. Full fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup Parsley leaves (washed and chopped finely, measured before chopping)
- 1 oz. Whole butter
- 1 oz. Maple syrup
- Morton kosher salt