In bowl of food processor, combine spinach, asparagus, fresh herbs, garlic, pine nuts, cheese, Morton® Kosher Salt and pepper. Process with on/off motion until mixture is smooth. With processor running, slowly add oil to fully incorporate with vegetable mixture. Pesto mixture should be smooth with flecks of green.
Stir in chipotle salsa.
Cook pasta according to package directions; reserve 1 cup cooking liquid and drain. Toss with reserved vegetable/herb pesto. Add pasta water as needed to thin sauce.
Garnish with fresh basil and toasted pine nuts. Serve immediately with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Kosher Salt Recipes
Spring Green Pesto Pasta with Pine Nuts and Parmesan
- Main Dish
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Serves: 8
- Difficulty: Medium
An inventive spin on the classic pesto, combines Morton® Kosher Salt with fresh spinach, asparagus and herbs. This recipe is a great way to introduce more green vegetables into your meal!
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 pound fresh asparagus tops only, blanched (2 oz cooked)
- 1/2 cup packed fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 4 ounces freshly grated Regiano Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Morton® Coarse Kosher Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup prepared medium chipotle salsa
- 1 pound linguini pasta
- Fresh basil
- Toasted pine nuts
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese