Preheat oven to 250ºF.
Simmer the butter in a small pan over medium heat until browned, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean into the butter. Stir in the soy sauce, brown sugar, honey and coffee.
Toss the popcorn, hazelnuts, potato chips, and pretzels in a large roasting pan. Pour the brown butter mix over top and toss to coat.
When the oven is up to temp bake for about 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes.
While everything is baking, chop the spent vanilla pod very finely and mix into the Morton® Coarse Kosher Salt with your fingers, using the coarse salt crystals to crush and release the flavor from the bits of vanilla pod.
Toss the hot popcorn mix with the vanilla salt and chocolate chips. Cool long enough so people don’t burn their fingers and serve it up!
Kosher Salt Recipes
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Serves: 10-12
Scraps Starring in a Supporting Role: All your favorite movie theater snacks join forces with unexpected leftovers, creating a star-studded cast of sweet, salty and crunchy. Choosing the Right Salt: The application of Morton® Coarse Kosher Salt brings out the natural flavors of the vanilla beans.
- ½ stick (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- ½ vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon spent coffee grounds
- 2 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 cup chopped skinned hazelnuts
- 1 cup crumbled potato chips
- 1 cup coarsely crushed pretzels
- 2 teaspoons Morton® Coarse Kosher Salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips