Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-low heat.
Add in the sliced onions, 1 teaspoon of Morton® Coarse Kosher Salt and cook for 10 minutes until the onions are caramelized and translucent.
While the onions are still cooking, push them to one side of the sauté pan and add in the 4 slices of pot roast.
Heat the pot roast for 3 minutes and then flip to heat the other side. Top each slice with provolone and then cover the pan with a lid to help melt the cheese.
While the cheese is melting, prepare the brioche slider buns by spreading mayonnaise on each of the bun halves, seasoning with the onion salt and adding a pickle to the bottom half of each bun.
Remove the pot roast slices to a cutting board and cut each one in half.
Place the 4 slices of pot roast on top of each of the pickles. Top each with the caramelized onions and finish with remaining bun tops.
Onion Salt Instructions:
By using Morton® Coarse Kosher Salt, the onion salt can be used as a finishing salt or mixed into your favorite recipe. It adds flavors at every level of cooking!
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Wash and dry the onion skins and then add them to a sheet tray.
- Cook for 10 minutes and remove them to cool.
- Using a high-powered blender or spice grinder, add in the onion skins and pulse until a powder forms.
- Pour into a small bowl with 1 tablespoon of Morton® Coarse Kosher Salt and stir to combine.
- Alternately, an air fryer can be used to dry out the onion skins at 375°F for 4 minutes.
Food Waste Tip:
Don’t throw away those onion skins, instead make onion salt!