Place the spinach, goat cheese, pears and cherries in a large mixing bowl. Season with Morton® Sea Salt (Fine & Coarse) and pepper.
Preheat a sauté pan and add the reserved bacon fat and olive oil. Sauté shallots and thyme for one minute. Add the sherry vinegar and remove from heat.
Combine hot dressing and salad and mix thoroughly. Adjust seasoning and serve immediately.
Sea Salt Recipes
Warm Spinach Salad
- Side Dish
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 8
- Difficulty: Easy
Fresh baby spinach is tossed with diced pears, dried cherries, along with goat cheese, and finished with a warm bacon and sherry vinaigrette, then tastefully seasoned with Morton® Fine Sea Salt and black pepper.
- 1 lb. baby spinach
- 8 oz. fresh goat cheese
- 2 pears, diced
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 6 slices high quality bacon, cooked, cut in small pieces (reserve excess fat)
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme, cleaned
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Morton® Sea Salt (Fine or Coarse)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, or to taste