Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a mortar and pestle or food processor break up dried chili until finely ground. Mix together with smoked paprika, Morton ® Coarse Sea Salt and lime zest.
Salt will keep in an airtight container for about 2 weeks.
Prepare grill with charcoal to medium-high heat.
In a small bowl, mix together lime juice, garlic paste, honey, and sesame oil.
Brush fillets with Sesame Oil mixture and season liberally with Smoked Chili-Lime salt. Set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
Place salmon skin-side down on prepared grill, cooking for 5-10 minutes depending on thickness of fillets until salmon is cooked to desired temperature.
Serve hot with an abundance of veggies and Grilled Pineapple Miso Salsa.
For Grilled Pineapple Miso Salsa: Preheat a grill to high heat and brush pineapple slices with coconut oil. Place on prepare grill and cook until caramelized, turning periodically to ensure even cooking.
Remove and cool enough to handle, chopping into a small dice.
Place grilled, diced pineapple in a bowl along with remaining ingredients and toss to evenly coat. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes (up to 2 hours).
- 2 smoked, dried chilies, seeds and stem removed (Chipotle)
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ cup Morton ® Coarse Sea Salt
- 2 tablespoons lime zest (about 3 limes)
- 4 - 6 ounce salmon fillets, skin on
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Grilled Pineapple Miso Salsa for Serving
- Lime Wedges for Serving
- Grilled Veggies for Serving
- For Grilled Pineapple Miso Salsa: ½ pineapple, peeled and sliced into ½ inch thick rounds
- 1 fresno chili, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced fine
- ¼ cup red onion, minced fine
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated fine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ cup white miso paste
- 2 limes zested and juiced
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves, sliced
- ½ teaspoon Morton ® Fine Sea Salt
- Melted coconut oil for brushing (canola and olive oils work great as well)