Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Cream butter, brown sugar and white sugar in mixer on medium speed until smooth, about 3 minutes. Beat in one egg at a time until combined. Add vanilla.
In a separate mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and ½ tsp of salt and then add to butter and egg mixture and mix until combined.
Fold in oats and chocolate chips into entire mix with a wooden spoon until combined.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto parchment-lined baking sheet two inches apart. Use the last ½ tsp of salt to sprinkle a pinch of salt onto the top of each cookie. Bake for about 12 -15 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- 1 Cup (2 sticks) Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 Cup Packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup White sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ Cup All Purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (1/2 for dough, and 1/2 to sprinkle on top)
- Morton® All-Purpose Natural Sea Salt
- 3 Cups Instant Oats
- 1 Cup Semi sweet chocolate chips