In a bowl combine parsley, cumin, cinnamon, coriander, ginger, paprika, cayenne, garlic, black pepper, and Morton ® Fine Sea Salt. Stir to combine.
Toss chicken in prepared spice mixture along with enough olive oil to coat evenly. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours, preferably overnight.
Prepare a gas or charcoal grill to high heat, 450-500 Fahrenheit degrees.
Skewer chicken by “folding” pieces onto skewer alternating every couple pieces with Preserved lemon slices. Repeat with remaining skewers.
Grill skewers over high heat, turning once for about 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Serve skewers with couscous and yogurt sauce.
For “Preserved” Lemons: Slice lemons into ¼” thick rounds and toss together with remaining ingredients.
Pile lemons into jar and cover with lid. Keep at room temperature for 24 hours.
Transfer jar to refrigerator and store for up to 2 weeks.
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into 2" pieces
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Morton ® Fine Sea Salt
- Olive Oil
- Skewers for Grilling
- Couscous, for Serving
- Yogurt Sauce, for Serving
- For "Preserved" Lemons: 3 Meyer Lemons, scrubbed clean
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Morton ® Kosher Salt
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chili flakes (optional)
- 1 quart-size jar with lid for "aging"