Make the rub in a small bowl by combining the chile powder, cumin, espresso powder, Morton Coarse Sea Salt ®, smoked paprika, mustard, oregano and brown sugar.
Stir in tomato paste, olive oil and lime juice until well combined.
Rub the steaks with the ancho chile rub on both sides, wrap in plastic wrap and let rest in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours or overnight and allow to come to room temperature before grilling.
Brush a large grill pan or outdoor grill with vegetable oil and preheat to medium-high heat.
Place the marinated steak on the pre-heated and oiled grill and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side until the internal temperature reaches 125F degrees.
Remove steak from the grill, tent with tin foil and allow to rest 5 minutes before sprinkling with Morton Coarse Sea Salt ®.
Slice the steaks against the grain and top each steak with fresh cilantro.
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons Morton Coarse Sea Salt ®, plus more for finishing
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 Flank steaks (1 lb each)
- Vegetable oil for brushing grill