In a large bowl, add yeast, 1 cup flour and 1 cup water.
Stir to combine and let sit for 15 minutes.
Add the remaining flour, water, Morton® Fine Sea Salt and 2 tablespoons olive oil and mix until combined.
Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes.
Form into a dough ball and place in an oiled bowl.
Allow to rise until doubled in size, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
Pour remaining olive oil on a baking sheet and spread to coat.
Place dough on oiled sheet and spread to cover.
Place lemons slices, olives and grated cheese on top and set aside to rise for 1 more hour.
Preheat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit, and bake the bread for 15 minutes.
Sprinkle the dough with Morton® Fine Sea Salt when it is fresh out of the oven.
Make the bruschetta: In a medium bowl, mix cherry tomatoes, parsley, basil leaves, garlic and Morton® Kosher Salt. Serve on top of bread.
Lemon and Olive Focaccia with Bruschetta Topping
Out of ideas for a fast and delicious appetizer? Perfect for a weeknight get together or a proper dinner party on the weekends, try this Lemon and Olive Focaccia with Bruschetta Topping. Morton® Fine Sea Salt is perfect for baking as it dissolves in the dough and seasons your baked good throughout. Don’t forget to season your fresh tomatoes with Morton® Kosher Salt. Kosher Salt crystals are perfect to coax the tomato to release their juices, resulting in fruit that’s more concentrated and delicious in flavor.
- For Focaccia: 1 package yeast
- 5 cups bread flour, divided
- 2 cups water, divided
- 2 teaspoons Morton® Fine Sea Salt
- 3/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 1/2 cup castelvetrano olives
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon Morton® Fine Sea Salt
- For Bruschetta: 2 pints multi-colored cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- 3 tablespoons torn basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Morton® Kosher Salt