Preheat your waffle iron and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, Morton® Fine Sea Salt, sugar and cinnamon.
Beat the egg whites in a mixer or with a whisk, until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
In a medium bowl whisk together the milk, vanilla, melted butter and egg yolks.
Add wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir until fully incorporated.
Fold in sweet potato and egg whites.
Spray all sides of waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray, pour batter into waffle iron so that it fills the shell completely
Close waffle iron lid and wait for notification that it is finished (likely, a beep)
Open iron and remove hot waffle
Serve with a handful of pomegranate, pumpkin seeds, granola, and a dollop of crème fraiche, as desired
Finish with a dusting of apple pie spice and Morton® Coarse Sea Salt.
Mashed Potato Recipe
- 1ea large sweet potato
- 1 tsp Morton® Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Rub sweet potato with Morton® Kosher Salt, black pepper and olive oil and wrap tightly in aluminum foil.
- Bake in a baking dish in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Remove from oven, peel once cool enough to touch, and mash with a fork.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup honey
- ¾ tsp Morton® Coarse Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp browned butter
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and pour into a baking dish.
- Cook for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes to toast evenly.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Use handful of granola to top the waffle, as desired.