Place a wok or nonstick skillet over medium to high heat. Drizzle oil around the pan and tilt to coat. Once the oil is shimmering, add kimchi, whatever vegetables you are using, the white parts of scallions and cook until they start to soften, stirring occasionally. Add minced garlic and cook 30 seconds more.
Season with a pinch or two of Morton® Coarse Kosher Salt.
Push the mixture to the sides of the wok or pan and then add rice. Flatten the rice a bit and add a few shakes of soy sauce or Tamari and a couple teaspoons of leftover kimchi pickling liquid. Pour the eggs onto the rice and season with Morton® Coarse Kosher Salt. Let them sit for a few seconds, and then lightly break the yolks and begin to scramble. Cook for another minute or so, and then start to mix and fold them into the rice mixture as they begin to set.
Add protein and cook until heated, stirring occasionally.
Season to taste with a pinch or two of pepper and more Morton® Coarse Kosher Salt, if needed. Add a few shakes of sesame oil and stir.
Garnish with the reserved green onion tops and serve!
- Vegetable Oil (Peanut oil, Safflower oil, Olive Oil, etc.) for frying
- 1/2 cup kimchi, roughly chopped (plus some reserved pickling liquid)
- 1 cup assorted vegetables, all chopped into similar size (ideas: carrots, snap peas, cabbage, kale stems, broccoli stems, etc.)
- 2 scallions, sliced (white and green parts separated)
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup leftover (cooked) white rice
- 1 teaspoon of Morton® Coarse Kosher Salt
- 1/2 cup of leftover cooked protein, chopped (optional)
- Soy sauce (or Tamari for gluten free)
- 1-2 eggs
- 1-2 pinches white or black pepper
- Sesame oil (optional)