Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
Add the celery, onion and carrot (or parsnip).
Season with ¼ teaspoon Morton® Fine Sea Salt. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes, until vegetables are soft.
Whisk in the leftover mashed potatoes, broth (or water) and black pepper.
Bring to boil over high heat.
Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes.
Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with chives, if using.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot or parsnip, diced
- ¼ teaspoon Morton® Fine Sea Salt
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 cups unsalted chicken or vegetable broth (or water)
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives, divided (for garnish, optional)