Mix prepared vegetables in a heatproof container like a canning jar.
In a saucepot, bring vinegar, sugar, Morton Coarse Kosher Salt, water and hot sauce to a boil.
Whisk to dissolve salt and sugar.
While hot, pour over vegetables.
Allow to come to room temperature before serving. Store remaining giardiniera in covered container in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Preheat grill or cast iron skillet to high heat.
Season steak on both sides with Morton Coarse Sea Salt and fresh cracked pepper.
Drizzle steak with a small amount of canola or preferred cooking oil.
Sear steak for 4-5 minutes on either side. Use a meat thermometer to ensure that steak has achieved desired temperature of doneness; 130F is medium rare.
Remove from pan and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing against the grain.
Garnish with desired amount of spicy giardiniera.
Sea Salt Recipes
Grilled Steak with Giardiniera
- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Serves: 4-6
If you find yourself with half an onion and some other veggies lying in the fridge, use this to perk up meals and have on hand for sandwiches and simple dinners. We love a great steak with pickled and spicy veggies over the top. Plus the pickling liquid makes a great simple salad dressing!
- 2 pounds skirt or flank steak
- 2 tablespoons Morton Coarse Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 batch giardiniera (recipe below)
- Giardiniera Ingredients: 2 cloves garlic, shaved or very finely minced
- 2 small or 1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- 1 small red onion, julienned
- 1 Cubanelle, Anaheim or green chili pepper, seeded and julienned
- 2 Fresno peppers, sliced into 1/8 inch thick rings
- 1 teaspoon Frank’s Red Hot or Tabasco hot sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup Morton Coarse Kosher Salt
- 2 cups white vinegar
- ½ cup water