Mix prepared vegetables in a heatproof container like a canning jar.
In a saucepot, bring vinegar, sugar, Morton Coarse Kosher Salt, water and hot sauce to a boil.
Whisk to dissolve salt and sugar.
While hot, pour over vegetables.
Allow to come to room temperature before serving. Store remaining giardiniera in covered container in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Preheat grill or cast iron skillet to high heat.
Season steak on both sides with Morton Coarse Sea Salt and fresh cracked pepper.
Drizzle steak with a small amount of canola or preferred cooking oil.
Sear steak for 4-5 minutes on either side. Use a meat thermometer to ensure that steak has achieved desired temperature of doneness; 130F is medium rare.
Remove from pan and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing against the grain.
Garnish with desired amount of spicy giardiniera.
- 2 pounds skirt or flank steak
- 2 tablespoons Morton Coarse Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 batch giardiniera (recipe below)
- Giardiniera Ingredients: 2 cloves garlic, shaved or very finely minced
- 2 small or 1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- 1 small red onion, julienned
- 1 Cubanelle, Anaheim or green chili pepper, seeded and julienned
- 2 Fresno peppers, sliced into 1/8 inch thick rings
- 1 teaspoon Frank’s Red Hot or Tabasco hot sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup Morton Coarse Kosher Salt
- 2 cups white vinegar
- ½ cup water