Slice the corn kernels off the cobs and set aside (4 ears = ~2 cups).
In a large bowl whisk together your dry ingredients: cornmeal, flour, baking powder, Morton® Fine Himalayan Pink Sea Salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and parsley.
Then add in the milk + eggs to the dry, combine thoroughly with a mixer or food processor until thick.
Next, add in your corn kernels, sliced scallion, and cheese (if using) – combine well with a spoon until all the kernels are well-coated.
In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high, heat about ¾ inches of oil to about 365°F. Working in batches, add heaping spoonfuls of batter into pan (gently pressing them down with your spoon so they flatten into patties).
Cook until golden brown – about 4 minutes per side.
Remove from the pan and place on a paper towel-lined wire rack or plate, and repeat until all corn fritters are fried. (You can keep them warm in a 200°F oven while you fry up the remaining batch)
Finish the corn fritters by sprinkling over a touch of Morton® Coarse Himalayan Pink Sea Salt, then garnish with lime wedges. You can serve plain or with a side of our Hot Honey Crema.
For Crema: combine the (16-22) ingredients and mix by hand, then mix in chopped chives.
- 2 cups (~4 ears) grilled sweet corn, cut off the cob (can also use canned/frozen)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup yellow cornmeal
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp Morton® Fine Himalayan Pink Salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup of parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tbsp colby jack or parmesan cheese (optional)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Lime wedges (garnish)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp Morton® Fine Himalayan Pink Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp hot or regular honey
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ cup chives, finely chopped