Preheat a grill to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Drizzle corn with olive oil, season with Morton® Fine Sea Salt and grill until tender and caramelized, about 10 minutes.
Drizzle avocado halves with a pinch of Morton® Kosher Salt and grill over high heat, flesh side down, until caramelized. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Once corn is cool enough to handle, remove from cobs and mix in a large bowl with black beans and spiced pumpkin seeds. Drizzle with a hefty spoonful of grilled lime vinaigrette and gently toss. Season with sea salt and chopped cilantro.
Using a spoon, gently remove avocado flesh from the skin and place on a platter. Layer each half with a hefty spoonful of black bean and corn salsa, sprinkle with Cotija cheese, vinaigrette and fried tortilla strips. Garnish with extra cilantro if desired and enjoy immediately.
For Spiced Pumpkin Seeds: Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and cooking spray.
Place all ingredients in a bowl and toss to coat. Spread pumpkin seeds on baking sheet and roast in the oven for about 20 minutes until toasted.
For Grilled Lime Vinaigrette: Heat grill to high heat.
Place the limes (cut side down) and chiles on grill and cook until blistered and caramelized, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from grill and allow to cool.
Juice the limes into a measuring cup to yield about 1/3 cup. Pour the lime juice into a blender and add the cilantro, chiles, honey and salt. Blend, adding oil in a thin stream until the mixture is smooth.
- 4 ears of corn, husks and silk removed
- 4 avocados pitted and sliced in half
- Olive oil, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Morton® Fine Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Morton® Kosher Salt
- 2 cups cooked black beans (canned or fresh)
- 2 cups spiced pumpkin seeds (recipe below)
- Grilled lime vinaigrette (recipe below)
- 1/2 cup picked cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 cups fried tortilla strips
- 1/2 cup Cotija cheese, crumbled
- For Spiced Pumpkin Seeds: 1 1/2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon Morton® Kosher Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Morton® Garlic Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire
- 2 cups raw whole pumpkin seeds
- For Grilled Lime Vinaigrette: 2 to 3 large limes
- 2 fresh green chiles
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Morton® Fine Sea Salt to taste
- 2/3 cup olive oil