In a medium bowl, whisk the yolks, 2 Tbsp. coconut milk, 2 Tbsp. heavy cream and 1⁄4 cup cornstarch.
In a medium saucepan, heat the Morton® Fine Sea Salt, remaining cream and coconut milk on medium heat for 5 minutes.
In a separate saucepot, heat the sugar over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon until it turns dark brown.
Pour sugar mixture into warm cream mixture.
Using a ladle, whisk in the yolk mixture, a little at a time, until fluffy.
Pour the complete mixture back into the saucepot and cook on low heat for about 6 minutes, until the mixture becomes thick.
Pour the mixture into small bowls and cover with plastic wrap. Chill mixture for at least half an hour.
While waiting for budino to chill, begin preparing garnish and salted caramel sauce (directions below).
Once garnish and salted caramel sauce are complete, top budino with each. Finish topping budino with toasted coconut flakes and mint sprigs.
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- 1 tsp. Confectioner’s sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Morton® Coarse Sea Salt
- 3 Mangoes, peeled and cut in half
- 1 cup Toasted coconut flakes
- Mint sprigs for garnish
- In a mixing bowl, combine heavy cream, confectioner’s sugar and Morton® Coarse Sea Salt. On medium speed, whisk for about 6 minutes, until soft.
- On high heat, grill the mangoes for 1 minute on each side.
- Remove mangoes from heat. Once cool, dice into 1/4-inch pieces.
Salted Caramel Sauce Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup Heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tsp. Morton® Kosher Salt
- 8 Tbsp. Unsalted butter
- 1 cup Sugar
Salted Carmel Sauce Directions:
- In a small saucepan, combine heavy cream and Morton® Kosher Salt. Simmer on medium heat.
- In a separate saucepan, combine butter and sugar. On medium heat for about 6 minutes, melt the butter and sugar until they turn an amber color.
- Remove the sugar mixture from heat and add the hot cream mixture.
- Strain the complete mixture and reserve.