In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate chips over a low heat, heating only until the butter and chocolate melt.
Whisk the sugar, milk, vanilla, and eggs into the chocolate mixture. Lightly coat a 13-by-9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Arrange the bread slices in 3 layers inside of the baking dish. Pour the chocolate sauce over the bread.
Set aside for 1 hour to allow the bread to absorb the sauce. (The pudding can be made to this point up to 1 day ahead. Refrigerate).
Heat oven to 325º F. Bake uncovered 35 to 40 minutes or until set. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of Morton Coarse Sea Salt over bread pudding, and serve warm garnished with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- 8 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound of leftover sliced bread or ½ inch sliced dinner rolls
- 1 teaspoon of Morton® Coarse Sea Salt
- 1 pint whipped cream or vanilla ice cream (garnish)