SELECT SEA SALT AND TFC SELECT SEA SALT
Morton Select Sea Salt is harvested from naturally occurring salt water lakes, oceans, or seas that are open to the wind and sun. This food grade sea salt is concentrated in open shallow ponds and then crystallized into pure salt through slow evaporation via solar heat and wind. The harvested salt is washed, dried, crushed, and screened to the optimum size.
Morton Select Sea Salts comply with Food Chemicals Codex tolerances and federal cGMP standards. They are annually certified as Kosher.
Select Sea Salt does not contain any additives.
TFC Select Sea Salt contains a minute concentration of yellow prussiate of soda, an additive permitted for food use, as a water-soluble anticaking agent.
Click here to learn more about where our Sea Salt comes from.
- Cereals & Baked Goods: Ready-to-eat breakfast cereal, dough salt for breads, rolls; Bakery mixes, cake mixes; Topping for snack crackers
- Dry Blends & Seasonings: Breadings, batters, Panko (Japanese breadcrumbs), bakery mixes, cake mixes, meat cures and tenderizers, poultry marinade, coarse seasonings and rubs
- Dairy: Vat-salted cheddar or Colby; processed cheese; brine-salted Italian, Swiss, Blue and Brick, continuous process cheddar and Colby
- Soups, Sauces & Dressings: Pourable salad dressing; soups, sauces
- Meat, Poultry & Fish: Frozen eggs, sausages, franks, bologna, marinades, chill brines; Pickles for ham, bacon, corned beef; Dry-cured meats; Fish fillets, smoked/brined fish
- Condiments, Spreads & Processed Vegetables: Margarine, mayonnaise, peanut butter, can brine for vegetables, jar brine; Sauerkraut; salsa, tomatoes, tomato juice
- Snacks and Sweets: Nuts/seeds roasted in shell; Gelatin
- Available in 50 lb Bags
Net weight (lb) 50
Gross weight (lb) 50.5
L x W x H (in) 24x13x3
Cube (ft³) 0.5
Palletized**Includes 48" x 40" standard wood pallet @ 70 lbs.
Gross Wt. (lb) 2545
Cube (ft³) 43
Salt Selection Guide
See how our most popular salt grades are applied to over 80 food applications.