Heat a large skillet, preferably cast iron, over medium heat and add the coconut oil to melt.
Add the onions and peppers. Season with ¼ tsp Morton® Fine Himalayan Pink Salt and ¼ tsp black pepper and continue to cook and stir until translucent and the onions and peppers are soft – about 5 minutes.
Add garlic and sauté until fragrant – about 30 seconds.
Add the sweet potatoes and collard greens and combine all ingredients using a folding method.
Sprinkle with ½ tsp smoked paprika, ¼ tsp Morton® Fine Himalayan Pink Salt and ¼ tsp black pepper.
Continue to flip/turn the hash uncovered, until the outside begins to brown and until heated through about 5-7 minutes.
Finish with Morton® Coarse Himalayan Pink Salt, parsley and scallions.
Top with an egg cooked your favorite way (optional).
Serve hot and enjoy!
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (or your preferred oil)
- 2 cups of leftover roasted sweet potatoes, squash or roasted potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups of cooked collard greens
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 small or medium bell pepper red, orange and yellow, chopped
- 1/2 tsp paprika or smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, divided
- 1/4 tsp Morton® Coarse Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1/2 tsp Morton® Fine Himalayan Pink Salt, divided
- 1 tsp of chopped parsley
- 2 tsp thinly sliced scallions for garnish