Mix the Morton Kosher Salt, poultry seasoning and water in a large container. Place the breasts in the mixture overnight or for a few hours.
Rinse the brine away in cold water then pat dry. Preheat oven to 325°F.
In a cast-iron pan over medium heat, add clarified butter. Add turkey breasts, skin side down and cook until skin is golden brown. Transfer pan to oven for 45 to 60 minutes (or until internal temperature reaches 165°F).
Remove pan from oven. Into the hot pan, add chopped garlic, sage, rosemary, parsley and butter. Stir until butter is melted, then use mixture to baste turkey breasts.
Add a squeeze of lemon juice then remove from pan and let rest before slicing. Sprinkle with Morton Coarse Sea Salt before serving.
Brined Green Beans with Horseradish and Sour Cream
- 2 quarts water
- 1 cup Morton Kosher Salt
- 1 pound haricots verts (green beans)
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup plumped currants or raisins
- 1/4 cup sliced basil
- Chopped mint
- 1 lemon, juiced
- In a large bowl, combine the water and Morton Kosher Salt. Add green beans and let brine for about an hour. Transfer green beans to a bowl of ice water to rinse.
- Add the rinsed green beans to a pot of boiling water and cook until cooked through and squeaky.
- While green beans are cooking, prepare dressing. In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and horseradish. Once combined, add cherry tomatoes, pine nuts and plumped currants. Stir to combine.
- Transfer cooked green beans to a bowl of ice water then immediately into the bowl with the dressing. Stir to combine. Add basil, mint and lemon juice.
Turkey Leg Confit
- 2 to 4 turkey legs and wings
- 1 box Morton Kosher Salt
- 1 handful fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves, crumbled
- 1 cinnamon stick, crumbled
- 12 cloves, divided
- 10 pieces star anise, divided
- 1/4 cup black peppercorns, divided
- 1 gallon neutral cooking oil, duck fat, or a combination of the two
- 6 cloves garlic
- 3 branches of rosemary
- In a casserole dish, add a shallow layer of Morton Kosher Salt, followed by thyme, 1 bay leaf, 1/2 crumbled cinnamon stick, half the cloves, half the star anise and half the peppercorns. Sprinkle another layer of Morton Kosher Salt ver the top.
- Lay the turkey legs and wings on top, and add more salt until they are completely covered. Place in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Remove turkey from the salt mixture and rinse in cold water and pat dry.
In a high-sided pot over low heat, add the cooking oil. Add garlic and remaining herbs and spices.
- Gently add the turkey and simmer until tender, 2 to 3 hours.
Preheat broiler. Gently remove the turkey from the oil and place on a baking rack set over a cookie sheet.
- Transfer turkey to the broiler until golden brown and crispy.
Save the fat mixture for your next confit adventure!