Meat Curing –
Deli Style Corned Beef
Enjoy delicious deli-style corned beef without the additives when you make it yourself with Morton® Tender Quick® mix, sugar, and spices.
- One beef brisket, 4-6 lbs
- 5 tablespoons Morton® Tender Quick® mix
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Trim surface of fat from brisket.
- In a small bowl, mix Morton® Tender Quick® mix, remaining ingredients and spices.
- Rub mixture into all sides of brisket.
- Place brisket in “food grade” plastic bag and tie end securely. Refrigerate and allow to cure 5 days per inch of meat thickness.
- When ready to cook, place brisket in Dutch oven. Add water to cover. Bring to boil; reduce heat. Simmer until tender, about 3-4 hours.