Make your own pepperoni for your next pizza party. It’s as simple as mixing seasonings like liquid smoke, crushed red pepper, and garlic with ground beef and Morton® Tender Quick® mix.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1-1/2 level teaspoons Morton® Tender Quick® mix or Morton® Sugar Cure® (plain)
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, slightly crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon anise seed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients, mixing until thoroughly blended.
- Divide mixture in half.
- Shape each half into slender roll about 1-1/2 inch in diameter.
- Wrap in plastic or foil. Refrigerate overnight.
- Unwrap rolls and place on broiler pan.
- Bake at 325°F until a meat thermometer inserted in the center of a roll reads 160°F, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Store wrapped in refrigerator. Use within 3 to 5 days or freeze for later use.