Mustard seeds, garlic, nutmeg, and black pepper transform ground beef into homemade salami with the help of Morton® Tender Quick® mix.
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 1/2 level teaspoons Morton® Tender Quick® mix
- 1 teaspoon Morton® Table Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Few drops liquid smoke, if desired
- Combine all ingredients mixing until thoroughly blended.
- Divide in half. Shape each half into slender rolls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Wrap in plastic or foil. Refrigerate overnight.
- Unwrap. Bake on broiler pan at 325 degrees F until a meat thermometer inserted in the center of a roll reads 160 degrees F, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Store wrapped in refrigerator. Use within 3 to 5 days or freeze for later use.
For Spicy Beef Salami: Substitute 1 1/2 teaspoons Morton® Sausage and Meat Loaf Seasoning mix for 1 teaspoon Morton® Table Salt.