Meat Curing –
Italian herbs, Parmesan cheese, and red wine transform ground beef into succulent sausage with the help of Morton® Tender Quick® mix.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1-1/2 level teaspoons Morton® Tender Quick® mix
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry basil, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Combine all ingredients, mixing until thoroughly blended.
- Divide mixture in half. Shape each half into slender roll about 1-1/2 inches in diameter.
- Wrap in plastic or foil. Refrigerate overnight.
- Unwrap rolls and place on broiler pan.
- Bake at 325°F until a meat thermometer inserted in the center of a roll reads 160°F, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Store wrapped in refrigerator. Use within 3 to 5 days or freeze for later use