Meat Curing –
The combination of Morton® Tender Quick® and granulated sugar result in this slightly sweet, meaty breakfast meat perfect for everything from eggs Benedict to BLTs.
- 1 boneless pork loin
- 1 tablespoon Morton® Tender Quick® mix mix per pound of loin
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar per pound of loin
- Trim fat from pork loin.
- Mix Morton® Tender Quick® mix and sugar.
- Rub mixture into the loin.
- Place loin in “food grade” plastic bag; tie open end. Refrigerate and allow to cure for 3-5 days.
- Remove from cure. Soak loin in cool water for 30 minutes; pat dry. Refrigerate uncovered to dry
slightly before cooking.
- Cut into 1/8 inch thick slices.
- Preheat skillet; brush with oil. Fry over low heat, turning to brown evenly, about 8 – 10 minutes.