STAR FLAKE® DENDRITIC SALT
Truly One of a Kind.
Morton Salt is the only manufacturer of dendritic salt. Star Flake® Dendritic Salt is a high purity, food grade salt formed in porous, star-shaped modified cubes. Its unique and diverse physical properties result in low bulk density, a rapid dissolving rate, exceptional flow characteristics, strong blendability, unmatched liquid adsorption and a quick, salty sensation.
Bulk Density: Low bulk density helps it perform as a cost-effective bulking agent in blends packaged in rigid containers. This helps reduce cost because less salt is required to fill a container to volume.
Solubility: Rapid dissolving rate helps speed-up production and can save on labor costs.
- Porous, Star-shaped Crystal: the unique porosity of this crystal offers improved adherence in comparison to traditional salt, and delivers a quick, salty sensation.
Flow: Exceptional flow characteristics reduce flow interruptions and bridging that can commonly occur with other flake grades.
Blendability: Low bulk density and irregular particle shape contribute to its outstanding blending properties. This reduces segregation and enhances the consistency of your blend.
Absorption: Its porous crystal structure provides an unmatched ability to adsorb flavors, oils and essences, making it an excellent medium to disperse these more expensive materials.
Star Flake® Dendritic Salt complies with Food Chemicals Codex tolerances and federal cGMP standards. It is annually certified as Kosher.
Star Flake® Dendritic Salt contains yellow prussiate of soda, an additive permitted for food use, as a crystal modifying agent.
Star Flake® Dendritic ES Salt is treated with sodium silicoaluminate, a moisture-absorbing, free-flowing anti-caking additive, GRAS (Generally Recognized as Safe) approved.
- Cereals & Baked Goods: Instant hot breakfast cereal, ready-to-eat cereal, toppings for snack crackers, croutons and bread crumbs
- Dry Blends & Seasonings: Breading, batter, processed mixes, vegetable protein, soy flour/powder, oil/extract powders, meat cures, tenderizers
- Soups, Sauces & Dressings: Soups, sauces, gravies, pourable dressings and seasoning premixes
- Meat, Poultry & Fish: Fish fillets, sausages, franks, bologna, frozen eggs, chill brines, marinades and seasoning premix
- Condiments, Spreads & Processed Vegetables: Margarine, mayonnaise, peanut butter
- Snacks & Sweets: Chips, crackers, cheese puffs, popcorn and nuts, instant cocoa/drink mixes, chocolate syrup, coatings/crème centers, gelatin, instant pudding/topping
- Sodium Reduction: Retail seasonings and topical applications
- Available in 50 lb. Bags, 80 lb. Bags (Star Flake® Dendritic only), Tote Bags – various sizes, and Bulk
Unit Dimensions (50 lb Bag):
Net weight (lb): 50
Gross Wt. (lb): 50.5
L x W x H (in): 23.25x14.75x4.5
Cube (ft³): 0.89
Gross Wt. (lb): 2545
Cube (ft³): 46
Unit Dimensions (80 lb Bag):
Net weight (lb): 80
Gross Wt. (lb): 80.9
L x W x H (in): 25x17x5.5
Cube (ft³): 1.4
Gross Wt. (lb): 2497
Cube (ft³): 49
*Includes 48" x 40" standard wood pallet @ 70 lbs
Morton® Star Flake® Dendritic Salt is truly one-of-a-kind. This fine grain salt has been crystallized into a unique, porous, star shape, giving it a large surface area.
Salt Selection Guide
See how our most popular salt grades are applied to over 80 food applications.