Meat Curing –
GERMAN-STYLE CURED PORK CHOPS (GEPOCKELTE)
Lightly curing lean pork chops before cooking seasons them perfectly and keeps the meat nice and juicy.
- 1 Loin or rib chops, 1/2 to 3/4-inch-thick
- 1 tablespoon Morton® Tender Quick® mix per pound of chops
- Rub Morton® Tender Quick® mix thoroughly into the pork chops.
- Place meat in “food grade” plastic bag. Tie open end. Let cure in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- Before cooking, rinse chops under running water to remove excess salt.
- Brown chops in lightly greased skillet. Add 1/4 cup of water. Cover tightly and simmer until done, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.